Medical studies and social research opportunties for Boston African Americans and blacks in Boston.
Tufts University is seeking African-American, Hispanic and Latino children ages 8-15 for to volunteer and help improve dyslexia tests. Participants will visit Tufts University to take school like tests. Compensation per child will be provided. Read this info and consider if your children are able to help.
- Pentecostal Church Research for Black Women.
African-American women are needed to participate in this research study exploring depression.
Who May Participate:African-American women age 20 or older who regularly attend or have attended a Pentecostal church and live or work in Massachusetts and Connecticut may joing the study.
Researcher: Dawn Davis, (413) 233-7195. email@example.com.
- African American parents may join this research study about culture and parenting practices and receive a $25 Gift Card for participating. You might be eligible if you identify as African-American (Black American) and you have a child between the ages of 4 and 12.
- The Tufts University Department of Occupational Therapy is enrolling participants for its Social Self-Management of Parkinson's Disease longitudinal survey. You'll give comments about how you are doing with Parkinson's Disease over time.
Learn more about it. Up to $350 in compensation for the patient and/or care-giver is available.
- McLean Hospital began recruitement a year ago to join a study that examines the effectiveness of internet-based cognitive behavioral therapy for improving depressive symptoms, coping skills, and brain function in people with depression. Go here for more info. $500 compensation is available.
- Partners/MGH was offering compensation (up to $1,050) when you are selected to join a skin-aging study for African American women in certain age groups.
Massachusetts leads the nation in the number of active physicians per capita, with 5.7 physicians per 1,000 residents. ( The Kaiser Family Foundation, 2011).
Asthma - Professionals at Children's Hospital and Partners Asthma Research Center are on the case, addressing issues in the homes of children with asthma in Roxbury and Dudley Square area.
Boston is home to 12 world-renowned teaching hospitals and 26 comprehensive health centers -- many within Black communities.